Proverbs 22:6 says to “Train up a child in the way s/he should go and when s/he is old, s/he will not depart from it.”
It is the innate desire of the children ministry, MFM Reading Transformation Centre, to honestly teach, show and guide our children by the word of the Lord so that they will grow up not departing from the truth. The greatest evangelical opportunity is high amongst young children.
In today’s world where fear lurks every angle, faith in God through teaching children the bible, prayers enables children to discover for themselves the truth that can take care of fear. Also, it is necessary that they have sufficient interest, reliance and confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Children ministry work with parents to nurture and raise children by the word of God. Jesus said “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder…” (Matthew 19:14). So, there are Sunday school’s home works and boundaries are set to encourage discipline.
There is wholehearted teaching of the bible to children to encourage early childhood believe in the God of the Bible. Children are given true spiritual foundation in order to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live a victorious Christian life.
At MFM Reading Transformation Centre, the vision, purpose and goals of the Children’s ministry include;
- To guide children to learn, accept, believe and share God’s word.
- To equip and offer hope to children to know, grow and show God’s love
- To see every child prosper in the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- To work and partner with parents in developing their children spiritually.
- To teach children biblical survival skills and principles of prayer and ethics.
Leader: Ene Igbokwe, assisted by Lara Oroks